Welcome to WPS!
Shopping for health insurance can feel overwhelming. Now that you’ve chosen WPS Health Insurance for your coverage needs, we want to make you feel right at home by sharing some tips and tricks for getting the most out of your health plan.
Set up your online member account
Through the online Member portal, you’ll be able to access all of your health plan information with just a few clicks, from plan and benefits information to claims and billing, plus other important forms and documents.
Setting up your account is easy! You can register and access your online member account starting on your health plan effective date. Get started with this step-by-step guide to setting up your account.
Once you have registered, you can access:
- Secure messaging
- Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
- Claims processing status
- Plan benefits
- Your deductible accumulator
Health resources at your fingertips
In addition to managing your personal health plan information in the secure Member portal, you can also find many helpful resources throughout the WPS website.
Use the Find a Doctor tool to search for a complete list of health care providers covered by the WPS Statewide Network. (Click the Find a Doctor tab at the top of this page.) Once you receive your WPS ID card, log in as an Existing Subscriber. Until then, you may search under Open Enrollee or New Hire or Groups, depending on your plan type.
It’s important to note that providers can leave or enter the network at any time. It is recommended that you check the network status of your provider on a regular basis.
You can explore thousands of topics in our WPS Health Center, from acid reflux to yoga. To get started, visit the home page at wpsic.com and click Health Center at the top of the page. There, you can:
- Browse the Healthwise Encyclopedia from A to Z
- Use the Symptom Checker tool
- Read the latest issues of Live Healthy and Wise & Well, our FREE member newsletters
- Get the tools you need to make positive life changes in the Health Action Center, including healthy eating, fitness, and stress management.
Take advantage of your WPS health plan!
There are many ways to save money on your medications. All plans include a $0 copay on select preventive drugs1 for common conditions. If your plan includes prescription drug benefits from Express Scripts®, you can save by requesting a 90-day supply at the cost of a single home delivery copayment, sent straight to your front door with free standard shipping. It’s helpful to know which of your medications are covered by checking our Drug Formulary. You may also be able to reduce drug costs by choosing generic medications.
(1Preventive drugs include specific supplements, contraceptives, immunizations, and other preventive drugs ranked A or B by the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force.)
If you have a WPS Health Insurance individual or small group health plan, you have access to telehealth services from Teladoc®. Skip the waiting room and talk to a board-certified doctor from anywhere at anytime by phone, video, or mobile app!
- Mobile device: Teladoc app (search your smartphone’s app store)
- Computer: teladoc.com
- Phone: 800-Teladoc (835-2362)
Depending on your plan, you may have access to various fitness rewards programs, designed to promote active living. Check your policy or summary of benefits for details.
- The ExerciseRewards® program offers up to a $30 monthly reward to plan members who are over 18 years old and who work out at least 10 times per month at a qualified fitness center.
- WPS customers are eligible for discounts at a number of fitness clubs and facilities across Wisconsin, Illinois, and Michigan through HealthSense Rewards.
WPS customers receive access to the EyeMed Vision Care discount program at no additional cost, which means savings on eye care and eyewear at thousands of locations, like LensCrafters, Pearle Vision, Target Optical, and many more. Simply show your ID card when you visit a participating EyeMed provider and give them your EyeMed discount number.
More helpful tips
- Take the hassle out of how you pay your premium every month by setting up automatic payments from your checking or savings account. You’ll also protect yourself against the risk of losing coverage for not paying.
- Prior authorization (sometimes known as pre-service authorization, pre-authorization, or pre-certification) may be required for some services, procedures, or equipment. Click here to learn more about when prior authorization is required and how to request it.
- When you receive your new ID card, please verify the information is correct. You should carry the card with you at all times and be prepared to show your card each time you visit a health care provider. Contact Member Services to request a new or additional ID card.
Thank you for choosing WPS!
We’re so glad to have you as a customer. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call Member Services at the number on your member ID card, Monday–Friday, 7:30 a.m.–5 p.m. CT.
©2018 Wisconsin Physicians Service Insurance Corporation. All rights reserved. JO7017 32366-100-1801