I bring my smart phone with me everywhere I go. I use it for email, texting, phone calls, and even as a handy flashlight. But I also use my smart phone for improving my health. Just typing in the word “Health” in your App store brings up tons of health apps that you can download for FREE or for a low cost. Below are some of my favorite phone apps that I use daily:
- Fooducate allows you to enter in your personal information, nutrition goals, health conditions to be mindful of, dietary preferences, and any food allergies you may have. Then you can scan food barcodes that produce a score for that food item. The best part about this app is that once you scan an item, it gives you healthier alternatives.
- MapMyRun allows you to track your activity, route, pace, and more. Also, you can enroll in fitness challenges, nutrition, and other awesome workouts.
- FitBit syncs with my smart phone allowing me to track my steps, stairs, sleep, and active minutes. The app also has a social networking feature that allows you to invite your friends for additional motivation to help keep you on track.
- My Fitness Pal allows you to track your nutrition, fitness, and weight while connecting you to your friends so they can help motivate you.
The apps below are available through iTunes for iPhone owners:
- DietBet allows you to start your own weight loss game to lose 4% in 4 weeks or 10% in 6 months. You bet a certain amount of money and at the end of the game if you are successful, all the winners split the pot of money.
- FitJourney allows you to photo journal your weight loss journey while adding in notes about your progress. This app is a great motivator for someone who likes to see visual results.
Stress Management and Motivation
- Balanced allows you to choose from various activities, or write your own, that you wish to accomplish throughout the day. These can be things like taking a deep breath, hitting the gym, and or simply being thankful for your day.
- +Quotes provides you with motivational and inspirational quotes each day with the option to change the background from an ocean setting, blue sky, underwater, and many more.
- Challenge Day gives you a quote with a challenge for you to accomplish by the end of the day.
Share some of your favorite apps with others in the comments section below!